How to be a Successful Shift Worker
Participants learn strategies that promote sleep, reduce fatigue and enhance one’s ability to deal with the physical and emotional stresses of shiftwork.
This is our signature presentation and is unique in it’s individualization of strategies for each participant’s adaptability profile.
Seminar Goal: to enhance the health and well-being of shift workers by developing appropriate self-care strategies. Participants in this session will be able to
- Explain how sleep patterns are disrupted
- Enhance the quantity and quality of their sleep
- Plan schedule transitions
- Plan sleep schedules
- Make appropriate eating choices while on shift
- Determine individual adaptability for various sleep and work schedules
- Reduce mental and physical fatigue and increase alertness
- Identify other factors that influence adjustment to shift work
- Manage family life to support individual and family well-being
- Accept the challenges and benefits of a shiftwork lifestyle
Time Required: 3.0 hours
**The workbook, Working ‘Round the Clock, is used as a text for this seminar or it may be ordered separately and used as a self-study guide.
If you are ready to be a Successful Shiftworker contact us toll-free at 1-866-975-1165
What participants say about this presentation
“I’ve been a shift worker for 20 years, so I thought it would be a waste of time, but I’ve already learned more in the first hour than I thought I would learn in the whole presentation.”
“It really helped to understand the guys you’re working with and why they might be grumpy sometimes.”
“It seems like common sense but I never thought about it until you started talking about it.”
“Everyone that does shift work should have this information.”