Are You Challenged by….
- Disrupted sleep?
- Chronic sleep deprivation and fatigue?
- Frequent acute illness (colds, allergies, flu)?
- Serious health conditions (diabetes, heart disease)?
- Stress associated with schedule changes
- Disruption in family life and relationships
These are common challenges experienced by shiftworkers especially those who do night shifts.
'How are you doing as a shiftworker? Try this quiz.
Many shiftworkers have been able to maintain their health and well-being even after 25 or more years of shiftwork.
These successful shiftworkers are:
- Well-adapted to shiftwork
- Don’t have risk factors
- Implement sleep and self-care strategies
- Have family support
- Have a good schedule
Alert@Work helps shiftworkers Sleep Better – Feel Better – Be Successful Shiftworkers.
“I’ve been a shift worker for 20 years, so I thought it would be a waste of time, but I’ve already learned more in the first hour than I thought I would learn in the whole presentation.” BP, Durango, CO
"My sister is using your resources to create better sleep habits and is now feeling better moving from night shifts to day shifts or vice versa." Lori B., Safety and Human Resources Consultant, Halifax, Canada