PowerUP: Strategies to Maintain Alertness and Overcome Sleepiness
Course Goal: to provide workers with strategies to maintain alertness at work so they are safe and reduce the risk of injury
Participants will be able to
- Distinguish between sleepiness and fatigue
- Recognize when risk is highest
- Recognize impairment risk
- Choose strategies to overcome sleepiness
- Choose strategies to promote alertness
- Choose strategies to maintain alertness while driving
“It was practical and relevant to everyone.” Bev, Transit Service
The 4 modules in this course cover the following topics:
- Sleepiness, Fatigue and Impairment
- Sleepiness and Strategies to Overcome Sleepiness
- Fatigue and Strategies to Promote Alertness
- Driving: Dangers and Strategies for Safety.
Modules include a variety of learning materials providing opportunities to read, listen and engage in both reflective and learning activities.
Completing all the modules will require approximately 1 hour
Preview a PowerUP course module
Purchase a Corporate license to give employees access to the PowerUP course online
Purchase a THRIVE Membership to access PowerUP online
Wish to have an onsite presentation of PowerUP?