Get access to 3 health and safety courses of most interest to shiftworkers and a membership program to support on-going learning and engagement.
Shiftworkers who participate in this program will be able to:
- Sleep better, feel better and improve family life
- Promote alertness when experiencing sleepiness and fatigue
- Manage workplace relationships when faced with stress, sleep deprivation and fatigue
- Be alert and at work
Plus these added benefits for Human Resource Departments and Managers:
- No more logistical nightmares
- Control over employee training plans and schedules
- Reduced training costs compared to on-site delivery
- Access to training for current and new employees: anytime, anywhere
- Increased ROI of training
- Reduced stress and workload for managers
- Available for family members as well as employees
- Monthly reports of your employees engagement in the program
- Proof of due diligence for fatigue risk and liability
- A built-in recruitment and retention strategy
Choose the Option That Best Serves Your Needs
Online courses only
THRIVE Membership Only
Online Courses Only
Courses are not sequential and can be done in any order.
An annual license fee of $297 provides access to the learning platform.
The employee/per course fee is $47. Employees access courses with a code.
Bundle and choose courses and allow access based on your budget and your company’s priorities each year.
Save more with our Bulk Buy option.
100-499 seats $37/seat 500+ seats Contact us for a custom quote.
Benefit from much-reduced training costs.
(no presenter fees, no travel expenses, no overtime pay)
No need for major budget allocations and approvals.
And - No Stress, No Hassle.
Employees access the course anytime, anywhere,
when it is convenient for them to do so.
THRIVE is a fee-based program and provides access to a broader range of resources for learning, engagement and support.
Individual: $9.97/mth. $59/yr.
The Alert@Work: THRIVE Membership Program is the solution when there is no or a very small training budget.
Plus, there is no easier way to get vital health and safety information to shiftworkers.
Course and THRIVE Membership Descriptions and Details
Working ‘Round the Clock
Course Goal: to enhance the health and well-being of shift workers by developing appropriate sleep and self-care strategies.
Participants will be able to
- Explain how sleep patterns are disrupted
- Enhance the quantity and quality of their sleep
- Plan schedule transitions
- Plan sleep schedules
- Make appropriate eating choices while on shift
- Determine individual adaptability for various sleep and work schedules
- Reduce mental and physical fatigue and increase alertness
- Identify other factors that influence adjustment to shift work
- Manage family life to support individual and family well-being
- Accept the challenges and benefits of a shiftwork lifestyle
What Participants Say About This Presentation
“I’ve been a shift worker for 20 years, so I thought it would be a waste of time, but I’ve already learned more in the first hour than I thought I would learn in the whole presentation.” BP, Durango, CO
“I really found it informative. Wished I could have taken it many years ago.” Debra, Saskatoon Health Region
“Everyone that does shift work should have this information.”
The 7 modules in this course cover the following topics:
- Shiftwork Hazard – Causes and Consequences
- Choosing Survival Strategies
- Working with the Body, Not Against It
- How to Reduce Stress and Fatigue
- How to Improve Quantity and Quality of Sleep
- How to Gain the Cooperation of Your Family
- Adaptability – Who Will Survive?
Modules include a variety of learning materials providing opportunities to read, listen and engage in both reflective and learning activities. Participants are encouraged to individualize and adapt strategies that are most relevant to them.
Completing all the modules will require approximately 90 minutes.
PowerUP: Strategies to Maintain Alertness and Overcome Sleepiness
Course Goal: to provide workers with strategies to maintain alertness at work so they are safe and reduce the risk of injury
Participants will be able to
- Distinguish between sleepiness and fatigue
- Recognize when risk is highest
- Recognize impairment risk
- Choose strategies to overcome sleepiness
- Choose strategies to promote alertness
- Choose strategies to maintain alertness while driving
“It was practical and relevant to everyone.” Bev, Transit Service
The 4 modules in this course cover the following topics:
- Sleepiness, Fatigue and Impairment
- Sleepiness and Strategies to Overcome Sleepiness
- Fatigue and Strategies to Promote Alertness
- Driving: Dangers and Strategies for Safety.
Modules include a variety of learning materials providing opportunities to read, listen and engage in both reflective and learning activities.
Completing all the modules will require approximately 1 hour
Preview a PowerUP course module
Managing Relationships in the Workplace
Course Goal: to help workers manage workplace relationships when faced with stress, sleep deprivation and fatigue associated with shiftwork
Participants will learn about
- Sleep and why it’s an important health behaviour
- The primary reasons for sleep deprivation in our society
- The impact of sleep deprivation on the workplace, health and relationships
- The challenges associated with shiftwork
- Strategies to address a colleague who is sleepy
- The most common sleep disorders and their impact on sleep
- Appropriate interventions to help get the sleep we need.
This course includes 4 fully digitized modules which require approximately 1 hour to complete.
Alert@Work:THRIVE Membership Program
THRIVE membership offers many opportunities to learn and engage including
- Expert interviews
- Shiftworker Interviews
- Weekly Article & Podcast
- Weekly quizzes, polls and challenges
- Information sharing with other members
- FUN activities
Still not convinced this program will Lighten Your Load and Add Value to Your Organization?
Let’s be honest. It may be because this program is simply not suitable for your company.
This program is ONLY for those companies who
- Understand that a 24/7 workplace is not a 9 to 5 workplace with an extra shift
- Believe that employee health and safety are strategic priorities
- Are willing to invest in employee well-being and performance improvement.
There is something else these companies understand.
Implementing this program demonstrates due diligence and reduces the risk of potential liability associated with sleepiness and fatigue.
- Has your company considered these risks?
- What would the consequences of a sleepiness or fatigue accident or injury be?
- Who would suffer? The employee? The company? Clients?
- What would the costs be?
What if the risk of these costs and liabilities could be significantly reduced with a very small investment?
Would you be ready to act?