Working ‘Round the Clock
Participants will be able to
- Explain how sleep patterns are disrupted
- Enhance the quantity and quality of their sleep
- Plan schedule transitions
- Plan sleep schedules
- Make appropriate eating choices while on shift
- Determine individual adaptability for various sleep and work schedules
- Reduce mental and physical fatigue and increase alertness
- Identify other factors that influence adjustment to shift work
- Manage family life to support individual and family well-being
- Accept the challenges and benefits of a shiftwork lifestyle
What Participants Say About This Presentation
“I’ve been a shift worker for 20 years, so I thought it would be a waste of time, but I’ve already learned more in the first hour than I thought I would learn in the whole presentation.” BP, Durango, CO
“I really found it informative. Wished I could have taken it many years ago.” Debra, Saskatoon Health Region
“Everyone that does shift work should have this information.”
The 7 modules in this course cover the following topics:
- Shiftwork Hazard – Causes and Consequences
- Choosing Survival Strategies
- Working with the Body, Not Against It
- How to Reduce Stress and Fatigue
- How to Improve Quantity and Quality of Sleep
- How to Gain the Cooperation of Your Family
- Adaptability – Who Will Survive?
Modules include a variety of learning materials providing opportunities to read, listen and engage in both reflective and learning activities. Participants are encouraged to individualize and adapt strategies that are most relevant to them.
Completing all the modules will require approximately 90 minutes.
Purchase a Corporate license to give employees access to the Working 'Round the Clock course online
Purchase a THRIVE Membership to access PowerUP online
Wish to have an onsite presentation of PowerUP?